Thursday, January 22, 2009

(un)Sweet Dreams

So I have this one dream that I have every so often that my teeth are falling out. One time they just slid out...another they crumbled like chalk. Night before last it was another "damn my teeth feel loose" dream but only I was at work, which of course didn't look like the place I work, but a lot of the students I teach were there. One after the other I, a bit too easily, pulled out a tooth that had a ridiculously long root. Kinda looked like how when you suck on the straight part of a candy cane and it's all sharp. Weird. Anyone know what this means?


On the MASHULU side of things, I've finally played around with the checkbook wallet pattern I made a looong time ago. Now, I realize I didn't just invent the wheel, but I've had some difficulties before. Finally it's not all bulky and it's actually quite quick to make, once I get past the dreaded cutting out phase. So I have several cut out. I can't decide whether or not to use this as an opportunity to use up all my kitschy fabric (you know, the stuff with pictures on it like cupcakes or monkeys and stuff like that) or make them to coordinate with bigger bags....hmmm...The first five folks who respond to this blog will get one FREE...but you have to say more than just "Great Blog". That sounds fair, right?


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Your checkbook wallet is awesome. Cute fabric and it looks very well made. Love your attention to detail.

Deniz Aral said...

Hi, i saw your blog by chance . To see tooth in your dream means illness . To see your teeth falling means you will hear bad news.
I hope these don't happen :) I wish you sweet dreams ..

OMB said...

Funny about your dream. My reoccurring dream is being attacked. It can be monsters, muggers, burglars and much more. Some of them are really funny.

I love your wallet. Great work. I'm off to check out your etsy shop.

You have a lovely blog!!!

Anonymous said...

I would hope the dream keeps you brushing and flossing regularly! ;)
I have always had two recurring dreams, I'm naked in public and a bear is after me. Sometimes both at the same time.
Your checkbook wallet looks to be very well made and is my favorite thing in your shop! I can only imagine the bugs that need to be worked out. My suggestion is to make more wallets, but then I'm not a big fan of matching handbags and wallets. Can't wait to see some of the other fabrics. Good luck.

MNHDesigns said...

I have those dreams ALL the time. They really freak me out. ;)

I say make those to co-ordinate with bigger purses and to sell on their own. Best of both worlds!

Linda B said...

Your wallet is very nice. Love the monkeys.

Renee toeNja said...

You know, I like what you have in the photos. The fancy purse with the cute monkey wallet. I think it goes good together.

April said...

teeth falling out is a really common dream, but I've never had it.

Love the monkeys!

Sinje Ollen said...

10 little monkeys jumping on a bed... I love the monkey wallet!

I hope you are dreaming more pleasant dreams tonight... I have a reoccuring one: I dream that my children wake me up in the middle of the night. No, wait, they DO wake me up in the middle of the night!

Bianca said...

I've had loose teeth dreams as well!!! They always freak me out. I don't think I've ever gotten bad news or an illness as a result and I hope the same for you! Great fabric on that wallet!!!

http://championofthesun.blogspot.com/

Deniz Aral said...

since i couldn't find your direct e mail adress i wrote to : community@etsy.com

i will follow your interesting blog..

Regina Moore said...

Love the wallet...cute fabric!

Bianca said...

P.S. you said you wanted to see my cakes - I just posted all the photos and explanations! Thanks for checking out my blog!

http://championofthesun.blogspot.com/